11 May 2010

Distressed Card

Distressing is not something I do very often as I can't stand the mess :D but nevertheless I've created the distressed edges on the brown background paper of this card by using my scissors along the edges. The white card blank has been inked around the edges with brown. The blue paper is embossed with swiss dots cuttlebug folder and then sanded to reveal the white core. My favourite part of this card has to be the sentiment, the first time I have used my white opaque embossing powder and I love the visual effect, plus if you run your finger over it has a sandy texture which adds to the distressed feel.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


8 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab card. I love the sentiment it looks fantastic. x

Jo said...

lovely card Gemma x

Susan (aka TomsMom) said...

Great card. I agree about the sentiment, it looks great, such a lovely contrast to the brown paper too.

PepPop said...

I see what you mean about the white embossing - it looks fantastic. Great card. Jaqui x

dragonllew said...

Great card I love the sentiment.

hassy said...

Luverly card... the sentiment is fab.. :D Christine x

Sarah said...

Great card and the sentiment is fab x

Julie Riley said...

Lovely card embossing looks great well done. Thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx