3 May 2013

That's what little girls are made of...

This is a card I made recently for an 18th birthday. 

I used IndigoBlu stamps 'Ella Bella' and a sentiment from the set 'Discover your Passion'
 It reads 'Courage, Determination, Strength - That's what little girls are made of'

The image and sentiment are made using gilding flakes and I've used stampendous frantage embossing powders around the edges of each to frame them.

The butterflies are punched out of black card with Martha Stewart punches and I've inked over them with a Versacolour Dewdrop inkpad. The flowers are inked in the same way and fastened together with a brad.
Finally I added some coppery coloured pearls from my stash and the number 18.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Forever Friends Monthly - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by :)

5 comments:

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Wow, Gem, that's beautiful, I love indigo Blu stuff.

Nicky Stevenson said...

Wow, Gem! Loving the embossing and the gilding, it's so effective as a technique. Great card. x

coops said...

love this gemm.gorgeous stamps and the gilding is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Wendy L said...

Wow this is a gem of a card, thanks for joining us at Forever Friends challenge this month. xxxxx

pst said...

Gorgeous card! I love the embossed frames around the image and text. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month.